Once we have an offer, you and I will go over it together and I will provide you with a HUD Settlement Estimate. Click here
to see an example The HUD settlement can help us determine how to respond to the offer. We can respond one of three ways:
- Accept their offer as written
- Counter their offer with our own counter offer
- Reject their offer all together
The HUD Settlement will also help us know what we should counter back with if that’s the direction we choose to go. Another important point is to make sure we respond in the time allowed on the contract. If we miss that time frame, the offer is dead. If we need a little extra time, I have found that most Realtors are very understanding and allow what we need with an amendment signed by all parties. Sometimes, in a really “hot” market, the time to respond is really tight, because the buyer wants to tie it up before in goes into a multi offer situation.
During this time we will:
- Review the contract and obligations with you before you sign.
- Explain the contingencies for your specific contract.
- Protect you from signing a “blank check” for unknown problems or repairs.
- Define legal disclosure requirements.
- Orchestrate the offer process for “back-up” offers, if necessary.
- We can also immediately give you the bottom line number you need to make a decision on your offer using our settlement estimate form.
Click here to see an offer and a typical counter offer.